Okay, we all knew that this is just the Tea Party astroturf 2.0. But, these folks have traced the money and have the receipts. This is clear evidence that there is a knowing coordinated effort to plunge MAGA Nation into mass psychosis and set the stage for real violence to be committed before, during, and after the 2022 elections by those on the right.
This is the thing that gets to me: all the hand wringing and wondering out loud about what’s going wrong in the Republican Party and what it is they want. It is simple. They’ve been bought and paid for as have Manchin and Sinema and probably several other Democratic national politicians. If you need any evidence look no further than two ass scratching moments in media this week:
- Fox News “allowing” Tucker Carlson to broadcast a series on the 6 January Insurrection being a false flag operation. Many pundits have punditted their confusion about how the Murdoch’s could allow such a thing to happen. Really? They want this to happen because they no longer want us to live in a democracy. They are actively undermining our democracy by stoking the fear and anger in the right.
- The Wall Street Journal published an op-lie piece by the Ol’ Pussy Grabber using his empty writing thing filled with all his delusional lies about the stolen election and how he actually won. The clearest expression of narcissistic wound binding yet and the surest sign that Trump will never give up on the Big Lie no matter what happens. Again, the punditing class of pundits just scratches their collective asses and wonders why their collective fingers stink of collective shit. How could a respectable publication like The Wall Street Journal publish LIES!?! Because they no longer care whether we live in a democracy or not, and they do what they’re paid to do.
Fuck, y’all, this ain’t hard to figure out. Everyone who lines up with furthering the destruction of our democracy by catering to Trump, the GQP, and the Big Lie wants an autocracy. It is as simple as that. In fact, the protestations that are coming out of the MSM and the cable news networks seems to be proverbial protesting too much, me thinks.
So, it is clear that there really is a “mastermind” group behind the use of the authoritarian propaganda playbook who is pushing the useful idiots to line up and play their roles. It is clear that the goal is to create this single-party pseudo-democratic minority-rule autocracy that will quickly and efficiently transfer the nation’s wealth to the one percent, all them to intimidate all rivals, and duke it out with China as they divvy up the remainder of the world’s natural resources. It is fucking clear that this is the case, right? If you think it isn’t, please present a cogent counter-argument in the comments, okay?
The only question is how do we stop them? We stop them by recruiting from the rank and vile of MAGA Nation. We have to go after their base even as they are being radicalized before our eyes. We stop them by holding on to the iNdEpEnDeNt VoTeR. We stop them by doing our best to counter the racial animus and angst-ridden demagoguery that “convinces” suburban white people to vote for the GQP one more time to protect us from the criminal Black and Brown element.
It is hard, but it means engaging with your friends, relatives, and acquaintances who are either in MAGA Nation, an “independent,” or a pissing and moaning about the ineptitude of Biden and Dems liberal.
It means refraining from participating in the further sportsification of our politics by trashing talking the other side and posting memes and thinking that we are #Resistancing the destruction of our democracy. We have to participate in our politics by realizing that politics means recruiting votes for your candidates and policies from wherever you can get them.
Votes aren’t recruited through arguing and condemning the other side. They are recruited by emphasizing that we are all one America and we rise and fall together. We find common ground and emphasize that government can work for us… if it didn’t, would they be working this hard to privatize all of the government services? We connect with other voters by relating to them as human beings.
We are that desperate. A year ago, I thought that the iNdEpEnDeNt VoTeR got it and would wash the GQP out in a blue wave election. We squeaked through with bare majorities in Congress and the Presidency. White people voted for Republicans and the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, AGAIN! And, the GQP is gearing up to do it one more time in 2022. They are dog whistling up some white racial angst with their “war” on school boards and CRT, and white people are falling in line right behind it, AGAIN.
It is up to us to keep our democracy. We can’t rely on corporate America, they’ll tolerate any government that allows them to make profits. We can’t rely on the Democratic Party because they still can’t believe that the Repubes mean to destroy our democracy even after the last twenty years of concerted effort. We can’t rely on white people and low-information voters to come to suddenly realize what is happening and vote the right way.
None of it will happen without a sustained effort by us. We have to join Indivisible groups, go to mass protests, work on GoTV efforts, work on political campaigns, post honest clear information on social media, go to school board and city council meetings, subscribe to local media, be aware of our local politics, and contact our government officials. These things are all crucial if we are going to save our democracy.
The Radical Capitalist Behind the Critical Race Theory Furor
How a dark-money mogul bankrolled an astroturf backlash.
Jasmine Banks AUGUST 13, 2021
Once again, the forces of capitalism are harnessing racism to do their dirty work.
More than 25 states have introduced legislation or taken other action that, backers claim, is aimed at banning “critical race theory” (CRT) from schools and government programs. Several states have already passed these bills, and discussion on this topic leads Fox News every night.
The common story about this surge of action is that this is a new “Tea Party” moment—a genuine uprising by grassroots Americans who are furious about CRT and demanding action from their state legislatures. But that story ignores the clear influence of a carefully built campaign by the network of radical free-market capitalist think tanks and action groups supported by billionaire businessman Charles Koch and his late brother David.
Continue reading on The Nation: The Radical Capitalist Behind the Critical Race Theory Furor
Putting this type of reporting into a larger context, please leave us something we value far more than money, a sign that you’ve been here. Do one or more of the following:
- Comment: I know it is not popular to talk about reaching out to MAGA Nation, and god knows, I’ve not always advocated it, so let me know what you think!
- Like: Like this post using the like button below.
- Rate: Rate this post using the five-star button just after the title.
- Share: Share this post with your teeming hordes of social media followers!
- Join: Joining our burgeoning email list and never miss a post.