Please join me in officially being freaked the fuck out concerning the Supreme Court of the United Fucking States of Fucking Stupid, the 2018 Congressional election, and the amazing talent of the Democratic Party to shoot everyone in the gonads pulling sure defeat from the jaws of victory.
By losing the 2016 presidential election, we allowed the Repubes and the authoritarian anti-democratic unAmerican tortoise of a human being, Mitch McConnell, to literally defy the Constitution and steal a seat on the Supreme Court! How the fuck did that issue get lost in the mishegas of the 2016 election? Are we that stupid that we let the Ol’ Pussy Grabber distract us from that single salient point? Why, yes. Yes, we are that fucking stupid.
Is there anyone in the country who honestly thinks we’re better off with the Ol’ Pussy Grabber shitting every day on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office than if we had Hillary Clinton in office? Anyone? Anyone at all? Oh, yeah, there’s that lot in the back who’d rather smirk and claim the Dems shouldn’ta stoled the nomination from Bernie who would never ever vote for Hillary because the fucking pea under their mattress is keeping the poor princesses from voting! Fuck you you goddamn self-servicing, self-righteous, cynical bastards as we watch every progressive victory since FDR get overturned and raped by a 7-2 SCOTUS conservative majority, Repube dominated Congress, and a grifty squatter bent on lining his own pockets at the expense of us all.
They gutted the Voting Rights Act, you don’t think they’re coming for Roe v. Wade, the Civil Rights Act, Medicare and Medicaid, Social Security Disability, minimum wage, the 40-hour work week, worker’s comp, child labor laws, public education, Social Security Retirement? All of those achievements of the past eighty years are gone if the Ol’ Pussy Grabber gets to appoint a justice for notorious RBG!
The 2017 Supreme Court
Let’s take a look at the justices by age, please.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, born March 15, 1933, making her 84 this year. A better than average chance of dying before 2020 when she’ll be 87 may she prove me wrong.
- Anthony Kennedy, born July 23, 1936, making him 81 this year. A solid chance of dying in office before 2020 or retiring. Infamous swing vote on the Court. Bats for both teams, if you know what I mean.
- Stephen Breyer, born August 15, 1938, making him 79 this year. An chance of dying in office before 2020 when he’ll be 82, but who knows nowadays. Also, a swing voter.
- Clarence Thomas, born June 23, 1948, making him 69 this year. Not likely to die in office, but grumbles about retirement… go figure. He don’t say nothing anywho and when he does it is dumb as fuck.
- Samuel Alito, born April 1, 1950, making him 67. Probably won’t die in office before 2020 or retire. Consistently voting like an asshole on the court.
- Sonia Sotomayor, born June 25, 1954, making her 63. Probably won’t die before 2020, but my sister died just this year at 59, so who the fuck knows, amirite? One of the few remaining reliably liberal votes on the court.
- John Roberts, born January 27, 1955, making him 62 this year. Not likely to die in office or retire. Consistently conservative voting except he saved Obamacare.
- Elana Kagan, born April 28, 1960, making her 57 this year, my age. I probably won’t die before 2020, but I may hope to by then with all the short-sighted stupidity breaking out among the Dems, liberals, lefties, and progressives these days.
- Neil Gorsuch, born August 29, 1967, making him 50 this year. Not a strong candidate for dying or retiring before 2020 since he didn’t have enough self-respect to turn down the stolen seat in defiance of the Constitution. Major asshole on the court who is rapidly alienating every other justice including Roberts and willing to violate more ethics provisions than even Thomas. Expect the federal courts to be packed with more just like him by 2020, too.
The Justices by Voting Record
For those of you keeping score at home, here’s the breakdown:
- Reliably conservative vote: Roberts, Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch (4)
- Reliably wishwashy: Kennedy, although he leans more conservative, and Breyer, although he leans more liberal (2)
- Reliably liberal: Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan (3)
- Total: Nine (9)
- Breakdown now: 4 conservative; 2 flip-a-coin; 3 liberal. Or as the dickwads put it, the traditional 5-4 conservative split. There ain’t no tradition divvying up the Supreme Court seats. United Fucking States of Fucking Stupid.
Likely to die before 2020:
- Ginsburg: reliable liberal vote; shifts the balance to 6-3 (or if you like, 5-2-2)
- Conservative: Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kennedy, Conservative appointee (6)
- Liberal: Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan (3)
- Kennedy: leaning conservative but occasionally suffers a bout of conscious; shifts the balance to 6-3 or 6-1-2)
- Conservative: Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Conservative appointee (Kennedy), Conservative appointee (Ginsburg) (6)
- Liberal: Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan (3)
- Breyer: leaning white bread milque toast; shifts balance to 7-2 or 7-0-2, if you like)
- Conservative: Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Conservative appointee (Kennedy), Conservtie appointee (Ginsburg), and Conservative appointee (Breyer) (7)
- Liberal: Sotomayor and Kagan (2)
How the fuck are you sleeping tonight and every night between election night 2018 with those visions of authoritarian jackbooted thugs dancing in your heads? Just look at this picture and tell me how you sleep at night? HOW? HOW? HOW?