Oh my goodness, you are not going to believe this one, y’all! You are not going to believe it! It’s just too crazy!
Somebody actually watched a video on Ye Olde Blogge! A video! Somebody. Watched. Honest, someone did! It was the myna bird video from 11 April’s Whaz Up!?!
Look at that!
Crazy right! Even crazier, thirteen of y’all downloaded it! Who downloads video? Don’t you know about malware, spyware, and computer viruses?!? Not that Ye Olde Blogge would ever be a source for anything more nefarious than good ideas:
Otherwise, more of the same. Running at five in the morning before school. Taking my Lexapro — doing good, too. Much less anxiety and procrastination. Much more optimism and energy. And Autism Celebration Month draws to a close. Only two more autism posts to do, and they have both been started! We’re so excited without being hypomanic or anything!
We’ve been reading on these Interwebs nearly every day this week without it being something that you might could’ve run across in your wanderings on the big three dubyas. Some good stuff, too. Too good not to share. Here’s what has been running across Ye Olde Blogge’s screens:
From the Professional Press
You know these folks include the legacy press, alternative press, and other writings by professional-type writers.
- NOT NO GIRLBOSS! Apparently, coming of age during two back-to-back recessions and being put on lockdown for much of 2022 and parts of 2021 and crushing student loan debt and stagnant wages has put Gen Z off of work and career. Go figure. Hopelessly being ground under the bootheel of capitalists hasn’t gotten the kids into that work-a-day spirit! (Vox)
- INHALING DRILL BITS! Who knew that was a thing?!? Apparently, it is. An Illinois man is the latest culprit to breath when he should’ve gagged and ended up with a dental drill bit lodged deep in a lung. Luckily, his crafty doctors were able to pluck it out of there without causing damage or requiring the removal of a lobe or anything. Now where’s the fun in that? (NBCNews)
- ONLY IF DISTRACTED, oh, well, that’s all right then, isn’t it. Apparently, psychopaths do feel emotion, just blunted emotions, can be easily distracted from any emotional response, and don’t feel remorse or guilt. Also, violence and criminal behavior aren’t prerequisites for psychopathy. However, psychopaths do commit two to three times the crimes of non-psychopaths and make up a quarter of the incarcerated population. Other than that, they’re okay, oh and, they respond to treatment, just not conventional treatment methods. Fascinating. (Neuroscience News)
- IT’S A BIRD! IT’S A PLANE! IT’S A YACHT?!? That’s right, now the super rich can fly their yachts. Apparently, if you have enough money, you can purchase a three-story yacht that comes with it’s own helium blimp to transport it anywhere in the world. Sleeps twelve and has all the amenities you’ve come to expect from a superyacht like saunas, gyms, and swimming pools. Well, there’s that, I guess. (The Byte)
From the Blogging Bloggers
Ye Olde Blogge subscribes to dozens of blogs and scrolls through dozens of blog posts daily. Probably more than is healthy, really. Here’s some of my favorite posts from the week:
- GOOD ENOUGH! What happens when you buy a hundred year-old farmhouse? You get all the cool points, and you learn to live with good enough once you’ve cleaned up and fixed up and continue cleaning up and fixing up. Eventually though, if you’re a lot cleaner and lot more likely to clean than Ye Olde Blogge, you get around to cleaning most of the generations of grot out of the knocks and crannies. (The Honest Courtesan)
- THE WORK OF A BLOGGER is never done and sometimes can get in the way of paid work, especially when you want to keep the blog anonymous and still get someone to pay you for the things you write. It might be better if you had a day job, but that only works if you lived in a time and place that actually had day jobs. Instead, we live in the gig economy, so gigs will have to do. Man, that is exhausting to just write. I don’t know how zoomers do it. (The Chatty Introvert)
- VOTE BLANC: The French are having 2016 all over again. Apparently, people forget that when you have a binary choice in an election, you either vote for the loser, or you help the winner, win. You can help the winner win by voting for the winner, voting for some ephemeral third candidate, or not voting at all. According to la course de chevaux odds makers in France, much of the young lefty vote is planning on voting blanc for la présidentielle just like some folks did back in 2016 and saddled us the Ol’ Pussy Grabber. How’d that work out for us? The vote is Sunday 24 April. (cas d’intérêt)
- PURPLE MARTINS never forget! They’re kinda like the Interwebs. If you’re fortunate enough to live in the purple martin migration path, you should put out purple martin houses every spring or whenever they arrive in your neck of the woods. If you do, though, you’ll have to get them out every year or you’ll have those little buggers sitting and chirping on your branches EXACTLY where the houses were last year demanding that you bring them out this year. If you don’t live in their migration path, you’ll just have to settle for vicarious living in this delightful blog post. (Building the Love Shack)
- LESSONS OF THE POOR: If you were fortunate enough not to grow up poor, then you probably never knew the joy of making things last and not wanting too much, so you should probably check out the exhaustive list of the benefits of poverty, especially as applied to our immediate future when we all may be rocketed back to the Stone Age. (Introvert Awakenings)
From the Blogging Friends
Every week other blogs link to Ye Olde Blogge. These folks are the life’s blood for a blogger. It shows appreciation for what you do. It drives traffic. It introduces you to new readers. In short, bloggers can’t thrive without their friends.
- BANDURA! You absolutely have to listen to this version of Vivaldi played on a Ukrainian accordion and a Ukrainian bandura. What’s a bandura? It’s like a stand-up piano lute-psaltery hybrid. Jaw droppingly amazing. Seriously. (Of Cabbages and Kings).
- WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT?!? Imagine there is a super important major election coming up, and you’re trying to figure out who to put in charge of all of your party’s campaign moneys. Would your really give it to the guy who received the biggest fine for Medicaid fraud in the history of humankind? If you did, would you be surprised if he just stole all the moneys for himself? Well, would you? Meet Sen. Rick Scott (Mock Paper Scissors)
- RAUCH UND LANG! Could it’ve been the name? Why didn’t the Rauch und Lang electric car catch on back in 1916? It couldn’t’ve been the 50 mile range or the 20 mph speed. If it had caught on, we might could’ve had nice things. (Homeless on the High Desert)
- BLACK HUMOR! Or as they like to call it in Ukraine, war humor, and in Russia, getting your ass kicked. Included in Burr’s fantastical listing of all things worth reading on the Interwebs is a link to a story to the funnies that are being used in Ukraine to help them cope with the horrors of Putin’s War. (Fair and Unbalanced)
- WHY ARE KENTUCKY REPUBLICANS afraid of a mediocre twelve year-old athlete? I dunno, why are they? Well, maybe they aren’t. Maybe they just hate field hockey. Either way, it’s a pretty bad joke. (Scottie’s Playtime)
- AMPLIFY THIS! When CNN’s Brian Stetler’s producers decided to invite Masha Gessen, I’m sure they thought it would be a pretty friendly interview. That is until Stetler started to both sideism Russian propaganda and suggest it was journalism 101. Let’s just say, the Ginsu Knives came out, and Stetler never sleep through another night. Mike’s Blog Roundup is being curated by M. Bouffant. (Crooks and Liars)
- IRON BEAM! In Putin’s War for Ukraine, it’s WW I all over again. The defensive weapons the West is supplying Ukraine with are far superior to the offensive weapons Russia has designed, built, and operated. Read the story of the iron beam come to save us all! (Infidel 753)
Psst! Psst! Share this post!
Don’t keep it a secret. Let ever’body know!
Like or rate this post, too.
Comment on all the links to all the good reading!
Follow Ye Olde Blogge or join our email thingee!
Categories: Whaz Up!