I am going to do something new for this blog and myself. I am going to offer a challenge or event or something. Last week was a horrific week. Even more horrific than the week previous. Hopefully not less horrific than this week. So far, so good. Knock on wood.
But, in writing my post about the events, I had several ideas that I became very very curious about how others were doing with them.
The Challenge, Part A
There were two devastating attacks on American soil in the past month:
- On 12 June 2016, a gunman shot and killed 49 people at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida
- On 7 July 2016, a gunman shot and killed five police officers at a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, Texas
- The challenge: Write a blog post about how you reacted to those two events? Do you remember you felt when you first learned of these two shootings? How have those shootings changed you?
The Challenge, Part B
The reaction that people tend to have to the strong negative emotional response is to focus on the WORST POSSIBLE consequences. The more I thought about it, though, the more I wondered what those possibilities were. Perhaps it is a lack of my own imagination, but I came up with nothing.
- The challenge: Continue your blog post to include your worst fears about our immediate and long term future as a result of these two massacres.
- The Tag: Use the tag gunman so that we can identify them in the Reader.
- The Duration: The challenge will end on Tuesday 19 July 2016