For Repubes it is time for them to either shit or admit they have an authoritarian blocking their colons. If we are to get the 20 Repube votes needed to convict the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and remove him from office, we need to convince the Repube senators that their political lives depend on it because right now, they believe their political lives depend on squeezing their anus’ shut as tightly as possible and keeping their personal views and objections in rather than expressing them. That is not only bad for them, it is also bad for the country.
You are witnessing the effects of groupthink, which is the tendency for tight knit groups to begin to ignore dissent and focus only on their goals. The Repubes have been in its throes for a good long while now, and we’ve seen their decisions get to be more destructive and immoral until we arrive at the Ol’ Pussy Grabber. It is literally destroying our democracy, our country, and perhaps the world.
It is time for your Repube MoC to put their hand down their pants, find their balls — that includes the Lisa Murkowskis and Susan Collins of the party — and stand up to the Ol’ Pussy Grabber! The only hope that you as an individual citizen has of helping to break this log jam — that’s a pun, y’all — and ending the groupthink of the Repubes is to call. The only hope we have of getting the 20 Repube senators we need to convict is to call.
Call your Repube MoC and tell them to quit supporting this authoritarian usurpation of our democratic institutions, laws, and traditions if they are interested in maintain a functioning democracy. Of course, if your Repube senator is no longer interested in maintaining a functioning democracy, but instead is dedicated to hollowing out of the corpse of our democratic institutions and filling them with a single-party pseudo-democratic authoritarian regime in which the only risk office holders face is being primaried but never the chance of losing an open election, then all bets are off.
You should also call your Repube representative, especially if your GOP representative has announced that they are not going to stand for re-election, and urge them to join the forces of democracy and denounce this assault on our democratic ideals. They need to announce that they are supporting the impeachment inquiry.
Calling works, y’all. In our democracy it is you super power. Call call call!
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on impeachment-related issues.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: I am sad to report that Call Your Rep is no longer supported, but you can sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541.
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862
Follow the link to Indivisible to find a group near you, their campaigns, events in your neighborhood, and download their handy-dandy booklet!
Reblogged this on cabbagesandkings524 and commented:
Calico Jack – A long shot, but worth the attempt
LikeLiked by 1 person
It seems that the worse he gets, the farther beyond any previous map of The Pale he goes, the more cravenly terrified they get, with a few (far less than 20) exceptions. Even those exceptions don’t go full “This must be stopped.” clear. Calling them may be a long shot (my MOC is Mark Meadows for example), but a shot worth taking.
LikeLiked by 1 person