So, you’ve voted.
You’ve urged others to vote.
You’ve posted that cool meme about voting and stupid MAGAs.
You’ve sent postcards to swing states.
You’ve got a shift on a phone bank.
You’ve done everything you can, right? Wrong! There is more that you can do to help save our democracy and protect our vote! You can volunteer at Protect Our Vote where you too can fight for more secure and transparent elections.
The main way full-time concerned citizens and part-time blog readers can volunteer is to take photos of precinct poll tapes when they are posted on precinct doors or windows. Then at the end of the day, upload them to their website. Once uploaded, their analysts will then compare the daily vote totals with the final county and state vote counts to determine if there are discrepancies or other monkeyshine shenanigans going on. As the results roll in, they will post there findings to their Photo Finish Results page.
Everyone who has a smart phone can do this, but you might could consult these pdf’s, too, just so you have an idea of what you should and the laws and stuff, you know:
Since there are so many voting precincts and polling places in the country, they literally need as many volunteers as they can possibly get. This is one of the best ways that YOU can help keep the election free, fair, and transparent, so head on over and VOLUNTEER!
When visiting the Activist Resources page you’ll find several helpful and useful items:
- Tips for improving election transparency and voting rights and preventing voter suppression that every voter can use.
- A Voter Resources Corner has suggestions for protecting your voter registration.
- A link to Jenny Cohn’s excellent article Tips (many not obvious) to Protect your Voter Registration and Vote against Hacking and Glitches! Must reading for any full-time citizen and part-time blog reader.
- A Mini Library of recommended reading and video for election observers, poll watchers and activists.
- A Link to recommended election integrity organizations.
- RESOURCES for aspiring poll watchers (in addition to those listed above): EAC Poll Watchers Tips.
This is a solid way to contribute in the last few days of the election to help ensure the integrity of our election. If you volunteer, be so kind as to let us know how it goes in the comments.
“Black Lives Matter Protests 122 – Save Our Democracy” by Amaury Laporte is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0
Reblogged this on cabbagesandkings524 and commented:
Calico Jack – Resources and opportunities for protecting the vote.
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person