We here at Ye Olde Blogge have made it a kind of pastime of speculating on the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s mental health. I feel like we’ve pretty conclusively demonstrated that he’s an unproductive malignant narcissistic personality disorder. I frequently documented evidence of all three diagnoses using the tag The Watch until I got bored of it. Others seem to enjoy conjecturing on the various dementia possibilities.
The personality disorder speculation seems a constant, but the dementia seems to come and go. Of late, the dementia speculation has gotten to be popular on the social medias lately. And, as synchronicity would have it, I found this article on stress-related disorders and their relationship to future neurodegenerative disease. It’s over on Medscape, which takes signing up to view the articles.
Dementia Speculation on Social Media
I liked it because it kinda agrees with my pet dementia theory for the Ol’ Pussy Grabber. First, Occam’s Razor, y’all. There are too many possible disorders with too many symptoms and too much overlap to make it even remotely possible to get any closer to what is actually going on with him — and there clearly is something wrong there — than he has some kind of neurodegenerative disease. Neurodegenerative disease is a medical designation for any condition that affects the functioning of the neurons. So, what is the most likely explanation at hand for his demented behavior? Stress and age-related decline. There was a second point in all that somewhere, but damned if I hadn’t lost it. Anywho, we’ll circle around to this last point in a minute. First, we got some more asides to get after.
Ye Olde Blogge hasn’t seen such rampant speculation on his dementia since the spring of the year ’18. Maybe it is his incoherent response to the covfefevirus and his many rambling defensive blustering press interactions. I don’t know, but this thread is definitely typical of what I’ve seen on my social media feed. You have to get past this first Tweet to find the dementia-related speculation. It’s pretty first rate, ranging from tertiary syphilis to lewy bodies.
As I wrote back in 2018, diagnosing dementia — neurodegenerative disease in general — is much more difficult than personality disorders. There are just too many moving parts there and possibilities. It’s till true today. I have several observations before moving on to a more serious and snarky, sarcasticky, and profaney discussion of new and improved possibilities.
Evidence of Dementia
This Daily Kos article compiling the evidence of his dementia or neurodegenerative disease is nothing short of amazing. I love the people singling out his physical movements and signs of mental decline: accordion motions with his hands, looks of discomfort when he loses his train of thought, stumbling and shifting mid-sentence to some other unrelated though. I’m sure they’re all legitimate. I can’t speak to it because I lack anything resembling expertise in the area.
One last aside, and that’s this quick round up of my thoughts on his supposed so-called dementia.
- The Ol’ Pussy Grabber has a difficult time being coherent. And, the much maligned mainstream media covers up for him by editing his disjoint thoughts into joint ones instead of allowing the full force of his blithering idiocy to be unleashed on the American people.
- There was a time back in ’18 when it seemed like there was a new dementia incident a week. He was wandering off stages, leaving when he shoulda been entering, losing cars and aircraft carrier groups, and awkwardly drinking from glasses. You don’t see that much any more.
- I reckon his relative coherence is due to some kind of treatment or closer management in public. Nowadays, his dementia seems to express itself through verbal nonsensicality. I noted the other day that he seems to talk like he was using the suggestions from his phone for texting. It sort of makes sense but doesn’t have any real direction. It is just an aimless wander through topics and loosely related thoughts.
- When he is speaking from prepared texts, he seems to lose all affect because it takes such concentration. His address to the nation and his declaration of a national emergency seemed like he was completely disinterested and dissociated from what was going on.
- It could be that he’s on some anti-psychotic or cholinesterase inhibitors for the treatment of dementia. Someone who can tolerate watching him more closely and is more familiar with their side effects than I needs to report on those possibilities, though. People like to speculate on his use of adderall, but it seems just as likely he’s on some heavy duty psychotropic to me.
Stress-Related Disorders and Dementia
Back to Occam’s Razor. What’s the simplest explanation for his increasing incoherence and his decreasing mental acumen? That his life as an unproductive malignant narcissist has been extremely stressful. Bankrupting casinos, running high-stakes cons to sell crappy hotel and golf courses, and dodging lawsuits and state prosecutions has to be stressful. And, now there’s pretty strong evidence given the size and design of the study that a stress-related disorders leads to a demented older life, especially when there is a primary vascular component.
A few definitions and explanations:
- The study was published on 9 March 2020 in the online edition of JAMA Neurology.
- Stress-related disorders included:
- PTSD is post-traumatic stress disorder and occurs after someone is exposed to an extremely stressful life event like combat or a severe car accident. I don’t think this is the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s problem. Fighting STDs while having bone spurs during Viet Nam doesn’t usually result in PTSD.
- adjustment disorder is like PTSD because it occurs after going through a stressful life event. Symptoms include feelings of sadness and hopelessness, and physical symptoms. The reaction to the event are worse than would be expected. Some triggering life events might be the death of a loved one, divorce, illness, big disruptions like moving states or countries. Bankruptcies and begging daddy for a $400 million bail out and the verbal abuse it probably came with just might could count. Seems like we got our stress-related disorder right here.
- acute stress reaction occurs after experiencing a stressful event either directly or indirectly, you know, like witnessing it or hearing about it. Symptoms usually occur between three days and a month after the event. They include intrusive memories of the event, avoidance of associated triggers, and altered mood or energy levels. The stressful events include witnessing an assault, or severe accident. While the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s life has been littered with assaults, sexual and otherwise, it seems like this one would take empathy or something to occur, which the Ol’ Pussy Grabber don’t have. So, probably not.
- If you think that a loved one or yourself have any of these or other mental health disorders, please do not be like the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and his immediate family, get yourself some treatment. No one need suffer. There is the SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline, 1-877-SAMHSA7 (1-877-726-4727). MentalHealth.gov offers other advice for immediate help and resources for less acute situations.
If the AMA would write a diet that would promote cardiovascular disease, it seems like it would look a lot like the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s, amirite? In fact, if they wrote a diet to promote poor brain health, it would look a lot like his. The man eats like he believes everything he does is perfect, and the rules don’t apply to him. Of course, he does, he’s a narcissist.
The Role of a Primary Vascular Component
The problem occurs when all that cholesterol begins to clog arteries like the ones in the circle of Willis, which is a circuit of arteries that lies underneath the brain. That cholesterol begins to impede blood flow to the brain and bad shit happens. You know, like, cell death. It’s one thing to have skin cells die, but when brain cells die, whatever function of the brain they were operating in, don’t have that cell to help out no more.
It is a lot like getting a flat. The car don’t run good with no flat. It can be fixed, though. The brain does have a capacity under the right circumstances to fix itself. It’s called neuroplasticity. If you get enough punctures in that tire, it will be increasingly difficult to fix and will eventually fail all together.
The Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s brain has gotten a flat, maybe two or four.
It could be some neurodegenerative disease or it could just be a series of undetected mini-strokes. What exactly it is that ails the man is immaterial, but a fun parlor game for the rest of us, what’s important is that he is severely mentally impaired. We cannot get him out of office quickly enough. Unfortunately, the damage to our democracy is equally severe and will take real effort to repair, if it can be repaired.
Categories: Neurodegenerative Disease