The GOP dystopia is taking shape. The insider trading to make a killing in the stock market, the biding wars on medical supplies to drive up profits, the urging of older adults to literally die to allow the economy to re-open sooner, the further assault on choice to keep the moralizing moralists happy, the continued assault on the ACA to keep the medical industry profits flowing, and the Repube COVID19 bailout of corporations show you all you need to know about what life will be like once we are living in the GOP dystopia: corporations and profits over the needs of people.
The latest detail came by way of SCOTUS taking a straight party vote not to delay voting in Wisconsin so the Repubes could cement their gerrymandered advantages. So, suit up boys and girls we’re going to preview the horror show of fascist authoritarianism disguised as “democracy” that the Repubes are trying to gaslight us into accepting.
We may as well start with the Wisconsin voting rights debacle because it signals the complete partisan take over of the Roberts Court. As we all know, once we’ve lost the Supremes, we’ve lost our democracy. There is no rule of law because there is no entity that is willing to make non-partisan legal judgments. Every SCOTUS decision from here on out will be decided on strict partisan lines meaning that every judicial decision will be based on politics and not on law.
The Wisconsin decision shows not only the demise of SCOTUS, but it also clearly shows us the Repube attitude towards everyday Americans including their very own rank and vile Repubes: A dead Democrat can’t vote, so it is worth killing a few Repubes along the way to further suppress the Democratic turnout.
If it wasn’t clear before this, the Repubes no longer care whether everyday Americans live or die. I’ve been saying it since 2017, we are just another cheap natural resource to be used in their profit making machine. And, just like every cheap natural resource, once it’s used, the slag is just thrown on the refuse heap. When that resource is human, that means die quickly and quietly after you’ve been milked dry.
Let’s just go through all the ways that the Repubes have made it crystal clear that profits are people, too, my friend.
- …getting coronavirus is not a death sentence except for maybe no more than 3.4 percent of our population (and) I think probably far less, Senator Ron Johnson (R-500,000 real live dead American corpses). Johnson was comparing the possible deaths from COVID to the approximately 40,000 deaths from traffic accidents, 40,000 gun deaths, and 40,000 flu deaths that we suffer every year. Exception is, we fight like hell to prevent and reduce traffic and flu deaths; gun deaths are the price for freedom. As of this writing, we’ve topped 10,000 deaths that’s 3% morbidity, do you think, Senator, we could start doing something about it now?
- I’m not trying to think of any kind of morbid way, Tucker, I’m just saying that we’ve got a choice here, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick (R-Your Grandmother’s Funeral). No, Dan, it is not a choice between a robust economy and preventing COVID19 from ravaging our population. If COVID19 runs rampant through us, we won’t have much of an economy. I don’t know whose Kool-Aid you’ve been drinking, but that is some bad juju right there.
- The CDC is advising the use of non-medical cloth face covering as an additional voluntary public health measure. This is voluntary. I don’t think I’m going to be doing it, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber. Now, that’s what I call right first class leadership… and it is, just not in the direction that you’d think it would be in. The question is why does the Ol’ Pussy Grabber want the pandemic to be so severe in the US? More on this later.
- So we have between 100 and 200,000, and we altogether have done a very good job, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber bragging about what a good job he’s done by killing more real live dead Americans in this crisis than in any other crisis, war, pandemic, or attack. Man, that is real good leadership, and it is, just not in the direction you’d think. Why does he want the pandemic to be so dire in the US?
- What do you have to lose? Take it, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber urging real live Americans to play Russian roulette by taking a highly toxic drug as both treatment and prophylaxis for COVID19. Is it really the case that the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and the rest of the Repubes are so crass and sadistic that they would recklessly promote a dangerous unproven drug just to benefit their own corrupt insider trading and kickbacks?
But, there is so much more. According to the NY Times interactive guide to states without shelter-in-place orders and those with bullshit orders, there are five without, four with bullshit orders, and then there’s Georgia and Florida with their special kinda murderous orders. States have tried to use COVID19 as an excuse to limit access to reproductive services and choice. But, if you really want to know what the Repubes think of you no matter if you’re a loyal rank and vile Repube voter or an odious liberal-progressive type, you need look no further than their COVID19 bailout bill. Not the one that passed, but the one they wrote without the aide of Democrats.
It was essentially a $500 billion giveaway to our largest corporations overseen by the Ol’ Pussy Grabber with little or nothing going to the average American. Smitch SmcConnell wrote the bill without consulting with Democrats and then wondered why they wouldn’t support it. It tells two fundamental things we need to know about the coming GOP dystopia: they don’t care about democracy and they don’t care about anyone other than their corporate citizens.
The heart of democracy is compromise. We all follow the rules. We all put the principles of democracy before our self-interests. It is the only way democracy works. It’s kinda like a sport. The only way the sport is worth playing is if everyone follows the rules and puts good sportsmanship above winning, right Houston Astros and New England Patriots? See how unfun those seasons were?
Unless the party in the majority is willing to allow some influence from the minority party, our two-party democracy won’t work. It is one reason that our democracy has always been right of center. Bernie Bros and MAGAts both are fundamentally anti-democratic. Turns out, so are the rank and vile Repubes in the Senate.
By writing this bill and trying to push it through, Smitch SmcConnell is telling us that he thinks he can do it all by his lonesome. He don’t need to compromise with the rest of us. He’s the only game in town and by golly we’ll play by Smitch’s rules.
They had already given a trillion and a half to corporations in the unneeded, unwanted, and unwise tax cuts, and the corporations plowed all that money right back into stock buy backs. None of it made it into the economy. It is one reason that the airlines don’t have any money to keep themselves afloat during the COVID19 economic slowdown. Now, we need to let the Ol’ Pussy Grabber hand out wads of cash without any oversight.
They didn’t put any money towards expanding unemployment insurance or helping the average American. They aren’t trying to slow the spread of the virus. They aren’t trying to protect the supply chain of equipment that our medical personnel will need to treat the infected. Why are they promoting dangerous drugs? Why are they allowing elections to continue?
The answer is clear. The Repubes need to pull along just enough rank and vile Christian conservative white voters to get them through the rough patch and win the November 2020 elections. If they can do that, they can make voting meaningless. With COVID19, they might be able to make voting meaningless long before November 2020.
Once they do, we are all subject to the laws they will promote that will put the needs of corporations over citizens and strictly enforce the moral codes that they need to retain small minority of white racist misogynists. Seen through the lens of COVID19, the GOP dystopia is quite clear and is almost here.