Racial violence is going to increase. All fascist and authoritarian movements needs a scapegoat to blame all of the problems both real and imagined on. The GQP is no different. And, given their recent rhetoric it is clear that they are focusing the ire and violence of their radicalizing base on Blacks and immigrants.
- Why is there so much #COVID19 in Texas, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick? Because the Blacks ain’t vaxxed yet never mind that we made it as hard to get the vaccine for Blacks folks as we are fixing to make it hard for them to vote.
- Why is there so much #COVID19 in Florida, Gov. DeSantis? Because of all the immigrants pouring into the state across our southern border.
- What’s wrong with our democracy? All the immigrants that the Dems are letting in so they will all vote Dem. That’s the real reason Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan to create a wave of immigrants that will all vote Dem.
I thought we’d highlight one example of how normal people get roped into doing abnormal things in the name of scapegoating. This is what it looks like: A Michigan man shot at his neighbor’s house and slashed their car tires, not because they are Black, but because they had a BLM sign in their window.
“I targeted these people because I didn’t like their political sign that they had in the window,” he said. “I think you guys are some great people and didn’t deserve this at all.”Man says he shot at, vandalized neighbors’ Michigan home over Black Lives Matter sign
He was sentenced to four to ten years for his trouble.
Amazingly, the targets of the violence responded with grace and forgiveness.
“I’m not angry, I’m not. I’m forgiving,” Candace Hall, 55, said at Frederick’s sentencing. “You’re a good kid and have a chance. You made a bad choice, and we understand that. We have children ourselves. We’re not hateful people, we’re Christians.”Man says he shot at, vandalized neighbors’ Michigan home over Black Lives Matter sign
Would that all this incidents ended with such a Kumbaya moment and not with people dead and lives ruined,except for the perpetrator’s life, that is, but that’s not likely. It is likely to get much uglier and much worse before it is all over.
If you liked this quick dip into a news story and the psychology it portrays, let us know by doing one or more of the following:
- Comment: Be sure to read my comment on the astonishingly large amount of money Ma Belle Femme and I found recently. You’ll be astonished and I’m sure moved to leave your own comment.
- Like: The easiest thing in the world to do is search around down there for the magic button of liking and enjoying the sensation of clicking it.
- Rate: On your way out, be sure to rate this post — it’s five-star, isn’t it?
- Share: Your friends, family, and social media acquaintances will enjoy reading what you’re reading, so why not share it with them. There are buttons located conveniently at the end of the post for this purpose.
- Join: You can go completely mad and join the veritable dozen people who get email notifications of every blog posting just by entering your email address in the blank below.