In their on-going contest of extremity on immigration — do you think there is like one of those office competition things going on at the WH? — the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and friends have defied the leavening action of the Gaslit Princess once again — What’s her track record now 0 for a thousand? — and announced a policy that will turn the screws on the very men and women we rely on to protect us during times of war, conflict, and crisis, the US military.
Why would someone running for reelection do something this heinous to one of their few reliable blocks of voters? It’s almost like the Ol’ Pussy Grabber is both reckless and destructive! Hey, look Iwanka! I’ve shot myself in the dick… AGAIN! Crispy cheesy Jesus on a cracker! File this one under give ’em enough rope.
The rule changes to citizenship for foreign-born children were for some reason announced at a church-mouse-level of quietness. It is almost like they didn’t want anyone to know. Hunh. Go figger. Like I always say, it ain’t what they’re saying that counts, it is what they are doing. And you judge an action by its outcome, not by the intent of the person doing it, especially with government policy and law.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has changed the rules for how children who were born abroad to parents in the US military and government citizens can acquire citizenship. It’s a complicated phrase to describe a small category of people, so let’s break it down. The rules apply in these circumstances:
- Children who were not born as US citizens.
- These could be non-citizens who were adopted by US citizens.
- These could be children born to parents who were not US citizens at the time of birth, but later became naturalized citizens.
- These could be children who are born to parents who do not meet the technical requirements of residency in the US.
For these children, USCIS will not automatically grant residency status to these children as they did in the past. Residency status makes it easier to apply for citizenship in the future. These parents will now have to apply for residency and prove that their children qualify. I guess because there are so many ISIS terrorists enlisting as non-citizens into the US military, having babies, and then wanting to raise their future terrorists as US citizens because they hate our freedoms. I guess.
I mean this rule change hurts people who are helping the US as either military enlistees or government employees both of which make pitiful salaries and now have marginally good benefits — only because everyone else’s employment benefits keep getting eroded. And, they are trying to help the world by adopting children out of crappy situations.
This action falls into the category of going well out of your way to do something shitty to somebody who doesn’t deserve it. Why on god’s quickly dying earth would you do that? Oh, because you’re a sadistic bastard whose worst instincts is not being checked or balanced by a system that only works that way if the office holders will do their jobs.
In other words #WeAreSoFucked. Obviously the wheels have come off the shipwreck of state.
Tell Your MoC
There is no pending legislation addressing this fucked up situation. So, first tell your MoC that they should be writing the legislation that addresses this situation. They should be restoring a perk to those who are sacrificing for our country and trying to do the right thing.
At the very least your MoC could add their voice to the hew and cry against such crappy treatment of government employees that has come to characterize this administration.
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on immigration issues.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: I am sad to report that Call Your Rep is no longer supported, but you can sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541. Call him throughout the recess!
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862 — both should only be called during business hours local time.
Follow the link to Indivisible to find a group near you, their campaigns, events in your neighborhood, and download their handy-dandy booklet!
Join a We the People March
On Saturday 21 September, there will be a massive We the People March in Washington, D.C. to support our democracy in the face of growing authoritarianism and outright fascism of both the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, #MoscowMitch, and the GOP.
There are other marches organized around the country, too. Either find one near you, or organize it yourself!
Reblogged this on cabbagesandkings524 and commented:
Calico Jack – Yet another reason to call your MOC
LikeLiked by 1 person
More of MAWA (Make America White Again), with a side order of disrespect for the troops and civilian diplomats and such.
LikeLiked by 1 person