Do we need any more proof that the Ol’ Pussy Grabber is a shill for Putin? No! The only remaining questions are whether he knows he’s a shill or not, whether he’s a willing shill or a blackmailed shill, and whether he’s a paid shill or a volunteer.
Way back in 2017 back in the halcyon days when impeachment and 25th amendmenting his dumb ass seemed possible, when we still had the naive hope that Robert Mueller would not be a wimpy bureaucrat and actually do his unique part in defending our imperfect union, when the jokes at the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s expense brought mirth and something resembling joy. But, now, now we live in the sad present when the dreams of impeachment are fading and we have the bitter pill of Mueller’s and Mattis’ failure to stand up for our Constitution to swallow. Now, we have the growing realization that if anyone is going to save us from the fascist authoritarian threat of the GOP, it is going to be us, We the Fucking Gottamned People.
So, way back in 2017, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber approved the sale of lethal arms to the Ukraine to help them stave off and resist the encroachment of Putin’s armies. Putin who had already snatched the Crimea from Ukraine and then was fighting a shadowy war in the eastern enclave going so far as to shoot down a civilian Malaysian airliner.
It was one of those moves that caused the uniformed and easily influenced and naively hopeful pause. Maybe the Ol’ Pussy Grabber wasn’t beholden to Moscow after all.
Well this year, the third year of dystopian nightmare that we call the United Fucking States of Fucking Stupid, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber put all that to rest. He is now hindering the distribution of $250 million in lethal military assistance to Ukraine.
He’s ordered a “review” of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative. Reviews are a good thing, right? We just want to make sure that the money is well spent. Who could be opposed to that other than liberals who hate America for its freedoms!
The devil is in the fine print. In this case, the fine print says that the money expires at the end of September! Don’t be gaslit. This is clearly an attempt to drown the baby and throw it out with the bathwater.
Is it any wonder that the Ol’ Pussy Grabber skipped out on his visit to Poland where he was to meet with the Ukrainian foreign minister? He is too much of a wimp to actually face criticism in person.
One of the greatest achievements of the 20th century was to end wars in Western Europe over borders. After World War II, the Western European nations accepted the borders as drawn. When the old Soviet Union fell and its protections for the ruthless dictators of Eastern Europe were no longer propped up by them, we had warfare over borders in Europe again. But, that quickly settled and except for some ugliness in the Balkans now and again, it seems pretty settled. That is until for the first time since World War II, a European country lost territory to another through military action!
War is an expensive way of doing business and must be avoided. That is the lesson of the first part of the twentieth century. Appeasing aggressive military powers — which the Russian Federation ain’t, um, ain’t a military power, they most certainly are aggressive — is not the way to deter them.
Tell Your MoC
There is bipartisan support for lethal defensive aide to Ukraine to help it resist Russian military aggression. Tell your MoC that you support this aide. Ask them to apply pressure to the administration in order to pass it. Tell them to speak out publicly in favor of it.
Tim is running out to spend that money. Congress only returns from recess on the eighth, so there is precious little time for any legislative remedy.
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on foreign policy-related issues.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: I am sad to report that Call Your Rep is no longer supported, but you can sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541. Call him throughout the recess!
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862 — both should only be called during business hours local time.
We the People March
On Saturday 21 September, there will be a massive We the People March in Washington, D.C. to support our democracy in the face of growing authoritarianism and outright fascism of both the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, #MoscowMitch, and the GOP.
There are other marches organized around the country, too. Either find one near you, or organize it yourself!