As if any of us needed any further proof that the dystopian nightmare we’ve come to live in in the United Fucking States of Fucking Stupid exists in the cruelest possible universe, the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and friends have made sure to rub some more salt in that wound. You know, just to make sure, we know that they are cruel, their cruelty knows no bounds, and no one is immune. That includes all you whiny liberal bleeding hearts fretting over the safety and comfort of ImMiGrAnTs.
Just as an aside between you, me, and the wall, cuz sure ain’t seem to be no one else care, this is also a product of groupthink. Groupthink occurs when there ain’t no one around to object to decisions or consider alternatives because they have all been silenced by fear or removal. Groupthink leads to increasingly immoral and destructive decisions. We were told that the Gaslit Princess and consort were to play the role of Ol’ Pussy Grabber-whisperer and whisper sweet leavening whispers into his empty head to echo about until they issued barely audible and understandable from his ugly puckered mouth. But, like all the other fever dreams and empty promises of the first year of the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s reign of terror, this one ain’t true no more today than it was then.
Apparently, someone in the admin knew that this one would be super unpopular because they didn’t so much as announce it as they sprung it trap-like onto unsuspecting victims in the form of letters sent to previous beneficiaries of the nation’s Christian largess. You know the whole if a hungry unwashed beggar shows up on your doorstep asking for charity, you best do it cuz it could be Jeebus testing you on your worthiness for heaven thing.
It once was in bygone eras, the US actually was a kind and charitable nation and understood that no one could predict or be responsible for illness or accidents befalling them. And, if luck and fate had you traveling through the US when your fortunes took a nose dive, we’d let you stay until you were better by deferring the deportation status of people with serious medical illnesses. And if your serious medical illness could not be treated in the shithole country you come from because it was too poor and backward to have all the sophisticated advanced medical technology that we usually reserve for the rich and famous, you could stay. And if you were a minor and needed your parents and siblings near you, they could come, too. The whole Jesus thing was in effect.
But a funny thing happened on the way to the Community Chest, it got handed to ICE, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They got to make the decisions on who got deferral of deportation and not just for people requiring medical treatment, for everybody.
You don’t get no guesses to figger out what they said when they begun receiving applications for deferral. They said, FUCK NO go home and die motherfucker. Except for those pesky Dreamer DACA recipients because the few remaining non-Ol’ Pussy Grabber federal judges are blocking their enforcement of the LAW! And, some other military folks and so-called veterans. Not like they hadn’t held, deported, and otherwise harassed brown folks who were crying about being a US citizen and carrying a US passport like that were even possible for a brown person.
Tell Your Moc
There is no pending legislation to address this issue, so tell your MoC to write the legislation! We need our Christian charity to be codified into law since it ain’t codified in the hearts of our elected and appointed officials. Tell your MoC, regardless of party affiliation, to be a fucking hero and write that deferment of deportation legislation that protects the medically and politically vulnerable and those who have been driven from their country by natural disasters.
They should write legislation that stops this arbitrary and capricious decision-making that disrupts people’s lives so badly, especially people who are contributing to the betterment of the US like so many of those with deferred deportation status have.
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on immigration-related issues.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: I am sad to report that Call Your Rep is no longer supported, but you can sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541. Call him throughout the recess!
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862
We the People March
On Saturday 21 September, there will be a massive We the People March in Washington, D.C. to support our democracy in the face of growing authoritarianism and outright fascism of both the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, #MoscowMitch, and the GOP.
There are other marches organized around the country, too. Either find one near you, or organize it yourself!