These past few weeks have made it abundantly clear that the Ol’ Pussy Grabber needs to be removed from office as quickly as possible. His mental health issues have risen to the level of a national crisis.
Urgency also is based on timing. Voting in the primary begins next February. That is less than five months away. Will we really launch the spectacle of impeachment proceedings during the primary? We’ve got get started with the proceedings so that they can come to a conclusion either before or right after the primary begins.
We needn’t review the parade of horror shitshow dumpster fire that has been this American dystopian life. But, let’s see what falls out of the pant leg when I shake my ass.
- He declassified and tweeted an intelligence picture of a destroyed Iranian missile on its launchpad proclaiming that the US didn’t have anything to do with the destruction of the missile. From what I understand, the Iranian missile program is inept enough that they don’t need our help destroying their hardware. What they need our help with is locating our intelligence assets, which the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s recklessness gives them a mighty big hint of.
- He’s deporting children to their deaths by ending the deferred deportation program for sick children. Many of whom have been in this country legally and at the invitation of the institutions that care for them.
- He defaced a NOAA map to support a ridiculous error he made in claiming Hurricane Dorian would affect Alabama humiliating himself, humbling his staff, and breaking the law in the process.
- He is taking money duly appropriated by Congress for military construction projects and disaster relief, namely Puerto Rico, to build his “wall” between us and Mexico.
- He’s having Air Force flights go hundreds of miles out of their way to buy overpriced fuel to support his failing property in Scotland.
Some of these incidents are illegal and violate laws. Some of them are ill advised and will only worsen our already severely damaged standing in the world.
As I’ve explained throughout the week, he’s an extreme narcissist who has sunk his administration and the Repubes deep into groupthink. These reckless, dangerous, immoral decisions are only going to keep getting worse.
Reasons for Impeachment
- It’s only going to keep getting worse.
- Impeachment is the right thing to do when you have this level of lawless recklessness occurring in our government as he corrupts agency after agency. Look at the DoJ and now the military?!?! There is no bottom. It is up to us to build the bottom in the pit he’s sinking us into. Impeachment is the one thing the Dems can do.
- His level of hubris will lead to his downfall and disgrace. It always does. But, he will bring the rest of us with him.
- Impeachment is not going to remove him from office, but it will rob him of his jactation that if he had done something wrong, he woulda been impeached; therefore, he didn’t do anything wrong. Dems cannot discount the power of that claim with the uninformed, disinterested, distracted, distant “independent” voter.
- Impeachment will rally the base and we need rallying. It will help carry the momentum of 2018 into 2020 and get people to the polls.
All of these reasons make it imperative that the rest of us try to stop him. One of our few tools before the 2020 election is impeachment even if it doesn’t succeed in removal because the Repubes will not convict him.
Call Your Representative
Call your representative and express to that person’s aide your conviction that it is imperative absolutely necessary for the Ol’ Pussy Grabber to be impeached. Write a script citing the reasons listed above and read it to the aide who deals with impeachment in your representative’s office.
Call Nancy Pelosi and express your concerns directly to her office.
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on impeachment.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: I am sad to report that Call Your Rep is no longer supported, but you can sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541. Call him throughout the recess!
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862
We the People March
On Saturday 21 September, there will be a massive We the People March in Washington, D.C. to support our democracy in the face of growing authoritarianism and outright fascism of both the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, #MoscowMitch, and the GOP.
There are other marches organized around the country, too. Either find one near you, or organize it yourself!