You too can be part of a Christmas miracle! That’s right. If the Senate under #MoscowMitch votes to convict and remove the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, it’ll be a miracle! Folks it is a miracle that can happen if we all do our part:
- Make your weekly phone calls!
- Go to town halls!
- This is especially important if you live in a flipped red district. Your Democratic MoC needs your support to counteract all of the gaslighted Repube rank and foul members who are bound to show up.
- If you have a Repube senator and he (or in some rare instances, she) dares show their pointy little heads in public, they need to hear that you want them to hold the Ol’ Pussy Grabber accountable.
- Find an Indivisible group near you!
- Go to protests!
- Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper!
- Social media your Moc! Record a video of your thoughts and tag your MoC in it.
- Encourage friends and family to do the same.
So, do your happy dance. Go outside and shout it to the heavens. And, then come back inside and continue the fight to save our democracy from corruption, oligarchy, and authoritarianism.
- democratic senators: Tell them to be loud and proud in making their demands for witnesses at the trial.
- republican senators: Tell them that you expect them to be impartial and to demand witnesses be called. Tell them to support the Chuck Schumer compromise on the way the trial is run.
Hi, my name is [NAME] and I’m a constituent from [PLACE YOU LIVE].
I’m calling to urge Senator [NAME OF SENATOR] to push for thorough impeachment proceedings, to include the calling of key witnesses. The allegations against Trump are far too serious to be pushed aside in favor of partisan politics. Can I count on Senator [NAME OF SENATOR] to commit to a complete and comprehensive impeachment trial?
Thank you for your time and attention.
IF LEAVING A VOICEMAIL: Please leave your full street address to ensure your call is tallied.
Tips for Calling
When you call your representative’s office, please remember the following:
- Ask for the aide working on IMPEACHMENT.
- Be polite! No matter whose office you’re calling. No matter what their positions are. No matter how inflamed you are about impeachment — and you should be very passionate — be polite.
- Remember that the people you are talking to are people! So, be nice.
- Call during business hours of the area code their office is in. Typically, that is 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Have a script or notes to follow so you don’t forget anything.
- Maybe call with friends. You know like a party.
Contacting Your MoC
Find out how to contact your MoC using these links!
- Common Cause will give you the names, party affiliation, direct phone number, website link, and social media platforms of all of your federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Call My Congress: Uses your zip code to locate your Congressional Representative and your Senators. And, it returns phone numbers, tweeter handle, party affiliation, voting record, and link to C-Span appearances!
- 5 Calls: Sign-up for 5 Calls which is a service that will help you contact your Congressional representatives and keep you abreast of on going issues that are important to you! Now, that is a good deal.
- The Capital Hill Switch Board: (202) 224-3121.
- MassacreMitch and #MoscowMitch: (202) 224-2541. Call him throughout the recess!
- Nancy Pelosi: Her DC office, (202) 225-4965; her California office, (415) 556-4862