After the ever deepening mountain of damning evidence was pushed out of the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s ass this week, we get this trifecta of whole edible corn kernels glistening in the excrement of news (and all of it reeks of authoritarianism):
- Jared Kushner wanted to establish a super duper top secret back channel communications link between the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and Moscow during the transition. Ssshhh! Don’t tell anyone that we’ve got two cans and a string stretching from the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s nose to Vladimir Putin’s ass. We get another lame excuse in the long laundry list of lame excuses that will be listed as a major accomplishment in the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s commemorative library — just writing the words and contemplating the eventuality causes me to sink deeper into despair. Somehow that makes this nightmare all the more real. Fuck.
- James Comey knowingly used fake Russian intel as evidence in the Clinton email debacle! Is this Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday? What do the Ruskies or Repubes have on Comey? His probing of Clinton has been f’ed since the Repube convention. When someone’s behavior defies reason and their usual way of doing things, you know something is going on behind the scenes that you don’t know about. So, what is it? Is he having an affair? Is he really a pre-op trans-man? Is he caught up in the money laundrying schemes, too? Was he with the Ol’ Pussy Grabber during the infamous Moscow pee-hooker incident of ’13?
- And to round out this reeking pile of authoritarian crap undermining of our democracy, Greg Gianforte, newly minted Repube Congressional derp-monster, grabbed The Guardian reporter, Ben Jacobs, by the neck and threw him to the ground and broke his glasses because the big mean reporter was really Clark Kent and Superman, and he triggered the macho Montana man by asking about the CBO score of the heartless AHCA and wouldn’t let the tired little snowflake go to his safe place.
Jared turns out to be the cherubic Boy Scout of pure evil that keeps giving treats to all in the #TheResistance, Comey remains an enigma of a Gordian knot, and Gianforte is just an ass, but all represent different aspects of how authoritarianism is turning our democracy into a shell of itself. And, we here at Ye Olde Blogge have grown increasingly interested in framing the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s mushy-handed misguided rule as authoritarian.
The Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s Mental Health Issues
I’ve written extensively about the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s diagnosis of unproductive malignant narcissistic personality disorder and the gaslighting of America not only by the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and his surrogates, but by the entire Repube party and about how the conservative white voter have been gaslighted into continuing to commit slow suicide by voting for Repubes.
I’ve been writing on these topics so much that I feel like I am a broken record. But, sweet milk leaking from Mother Mary’s bosom, what else do we need to know about the Ol’ Pussy Grabber than #HesANarcissist? Don’t take my word for it. I have made new blogging friends over at In Dark Times who have a brilliant series on the topic of what the fuck is wrong with the Ol’ Pussy Grabber that they call Mourning in America. You should check them out… and tell ’em I sent you.
Somewhere along the way, though, I realized that the Ol’ Pussy Grabber and the Repubes could be framed as authoritarian as well. Read through the list of authoritarian characteristics that Theodor Adorno put together in the 1950’s:
- Aggression towards those who violate conventional thinking or who are different
- A professed belief that all people are bad and will lie, cheat, and steal in the right circumstances
- A love of strong leadership and displays of unbending power
- Using simplistic solutions and polemics to address problems
- Black and white thinking, an inability to see gray areas
- Projecting feelings of rage, fear, and inadequacy onto a specific group
- Being preoccupied with violence and sex
- Willingness to submit to an authority
- Conventional morality
I mean, as I put together that post it was just like Brock Turner had finger fucked my dumb ass while wearing a broken crucifix out behind a dumpster one dark rainy night! Those items don’t just describe the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, they describe Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan and the entire Repube Congressional crew and every other fucking elected Repube politician in the country today.
Our good friends over at dictionary.com have defined authoritarianism as a governing practice that relies on the ability of a single person or small group of people to make decisions without being limited by a constitution. They note that frequently individual freedoms are suborned. I have always conceived of authoritarianism as the imposition of a party’s agenda without a mind to compromising with the minority or opposition party. Any way you slice or dice this sucker, it sounds like the modern Repube party and the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s attempts to grift all the pussy he can.
of or relating to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.
The Jejune’s, Jared’s, Authoritarianism
So, given all of this, this accusation of the Jejune Jared is like a godsend. One of the things that we have witnessed since the time of Goldwater or before is the concerted effort of the Repubes to erode our democratic institutions. By attempting to circumvent the national security monitoring services that would’ve had to respond to whatever super secret negotiations that the greatest negotiator in the history of the world entered into to resolve the Syrian conflict with the Ruskies once they heard them being discussed by regular means, they were undermining our governing institutions and thereby our democracy. La Jejune, Jared, wanted to use secret decoder rings and Pig Latin to avoid the direct scrutiny of our intelligence community. Luckily, that didn’t go so well for him.
It is precisely this kind of suborning of our institutions that are destroying our democracy. These speed bumps are there to prevent just these kinds of shenanigans from being gotten up to by anyone, much less the tip-top executive ruler in all the land. We monitor these communications because it is in our collective national interests to do so. The knowing attempt at circumvention of such limitations on power is to go from the rule of law to the rule of a person. It is to turn the government into a personal business for enriching the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, his family, and his cronies just like a common developing world dictator. Fuck these people.
The Enigma’s, Comey’s, Authoritarianism
Much is made of the weakening of the democratic institutions in the slide into authoritarian rule. The bureaucracies, agencies, and organs of government are all there, but their working structures and power centers are all askew, and they cease to be able to fulfill their missions. Comey single-handedly in the space of about six months has so damaged the reputation of the FBI that we’re back to J. Edgar Hoover days. Given all of the confusing shyte that Comey has slung out into the public sphere, no one really can trust the FBI to do it’s job. From accusations of Rudy Giuliani and his Clinton Cash rogue FBI agents trying to use their wishing stones to make the book true to the dearth of takers for the FBI’s recently vacated director’s seat, can Mueller and Rosenstein save the Bureau’s reputation? Or will the Ol’ Pussy Grabber succeed in taking it down?
The Asshole’s, Gianforte’s, Authoritarianism
No wonder Gianforte (R-Ryan’s Anus) is a favorite of the Congressional Repubes, he bodily attacked the press. The free press is one of the pillars of our democracy. The press has been under attack since Nixon with Spiro Agnew’s nattering nabobs of negativism. The Ol’ Pussy Grabber turned it up to eleven. We knew that the press was in trouble when the psychotic, Corey Lewandowski, attacked Breitbart reporter, Michelle Fields, and the Ol’ Pussy Grabber, himself, named the press as an enemy of the counter-revolutionary reactionary forces.
Now we have entire newscasts devoted to parsing facts and alternative facts. We have entire media outlets whose sole task seems to be offering alternative narratives to the factual reporting that most reporters attempt. We have about half the populace getting their news from Fox and Breitbart.
We have reporters trying to treat the Ol’ Pussy Grabber like he’s normal and salivating every time he doesn’t fuck something up even a little bit and declaring him finally rounding the corner and becoming presidential and pitying him for being so unprepared and ill-equipped for the steep learning curve that is the presidency. For all love, we have reporters wondering out loud on international cable news broadcasts why the Ol’ Pussy Grabber has made such blatant attempts at obstruction of justice as if it is a complete mystery! Spoiler alert: #HesANarcissist! We have reporters making up excuses for why the Jejune, Jared. might have gotten into a financial bed with the Russians and wondering if it is illegal.
Our free press is a shambles. Luckily, we have a couple of news organizations still capable of fielding the type of investigative reporting that can keep the government honest and keep it from completely sweeping the dirty skeletons under the carpet.
So, this is just the past week. These revelations and events have weakened our democracy. Taken collectively with all of the other crap flowing out of Repube dominated bodies of government, our democracy is facing an existential threat, i.e. it could disappear all together.
But, before we go to soak our heads in an overflowing train toilet to get the reek of the Ol’ Pussy Grabber’s bullshit out of our noses, let’s review what the Repubes in general have been doing to destroy the very fabric of our democracy.
The Repube Attack on our Democracy
The authoritarianism of the Repubes means that they attack and corrode the institutions that keep us democratic:
- the voting franchise: they gutted the Voting Rights Act and now are enacting suppressive measures across the country. What is more fundamental to a democracy than the right to vote? The willingness to suppress voters because they are likely to vote against them is the very definition of authoritarianism. They are taking away the most fundamental individual right that we have. Luckily, we have push back from the courts — overturning North Carolina’s ultra gerrymandering of a district, and Texas’ voting ID law as being nakedly racist — and state legislatures — Alabamy restored the franchise to felons! Alabamy! Get the racist chief supreme court justice, the corrupt speaker of the House, and the philandering governor outa there, and Alabamy becomes a progressive state. Who knew?
- the judiciary: The Repube controlled Senate stonewalled all of Obama’s appointments, stole a Supreme Court seat, and eliminated the filibuster in all judicial appointments. They challenged the necessity of appointing all of the justices to the DC court just to keep Obama from appointing justices. It is this blatant naked manipulation of the judiciary that resulted in the overturning of key provisions of the Voting Rights Act. And, we weren’t motivated by all of the Repube judiciary antics during Obama’s presidency to make sure we elected Clinton. If that isn’t enough to drive you mad, I don’t know what else will. The Dems should have a message worth voting for and a candidate… How about the message of a five-four liberal Supreme Court majority for the first time in over a generation? How about the message of an executive that will check and balance the out of control delusional Repube Congress? Seriously, don’t bring that weak shit into this house.
- the very citizenry of our country: They demean protesters as paid undercutting their legitimacy. They belittle the coastal elites and inner city residents. They mock the disabled and insinuate that the poor are undeserving of help. That the only way to be compassionate is to cut safety net programs until the entire country is bleeding so they can give an unnecessary, unwanted, and unworkable tax break to the rich.
- the integrity of our bureaucracy: They declare that the non-partisan CBO is guessing about estimating the outcomes of bills, i.e. throwing 23 million people off of health insurance. They confirm appointees to head federal bureaucracies like the EPA, HHS, and Education with people who’ve dedicated their lives to destroying them. They cast doubt on the very efficacy of government itself. They lie and blame the minority Democrats for the paucity of appointees and confirmations in the executive branch crippling the federal bureaucracy.
These acts and more are literally destroying our democracy. They are eating it from the inside out. It’s like the proverbial frog in the slowly heating pot: we won’t notice until it is too late. Well, motherfucker, it ain’t too late, and we have noticed. If the pundits cannot call a lie a lie, hubris, hubris, and outrageous self-serving bullshit, outrageous self-serving bullshit, then it is up to the ultimate democratic institution to: we the fucking people! Get angry! Stay angry! And make your voices heard by voting and calling and protesting!